In this episode of the IJGC podcast, Editor-in-Chief Dr. Pedro Ramirez is joined by Dr. Tadaaki Nishikawa to discuss the STATICE trial. Dr. Nishikawa worked as a gynecological oncologist for half his career and is currently working as a medical oncologist at National Cancer Center Japan. He focuses on developing new agents for GY cancers.
- Trastuzumab deruxtecan demonstrated clinical activity in previously treated patients with advanced or recurrent uterine carcinosarcoma regardless of HER2 status in the STATICE trial.
- The overall response rates were 54.5% in the HER2-high (2+ or 3+) cohort and 70% in the HER2-low (1+) cohort, respectively.
- Adverse events ≥ grade 3 occurred in 61% of patients and pneumonitis or interstitial lung disease of grades 1-2 and 3 occurred in 24% and 3% of patients, respectively.
- We performed a co-clinical study of trastuzumab deruxtecan using patient-derived xenograft models of participants in the STATICE trial.
- Tumor shrinkage after trastuzumab deruxtecan administration was observed in PDX models which included two patients enrolled in the STATICE trial.